Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child shakes when concentrating. Should I find a specialist?

my 5 year old daughter hands shakes when she concentrates on doing things really bad when she is learning how to right a new letter or word just because she tries so hard I can get her just to write her name then trace a few words she has not written and she is fine but right a word like zebra tell her to write it and her hands shake so bad she can t hardly write but get her to calm down not to think about it and she can do it should i worry...everyone is always telling me you should get that checked out her pedi/doctor .. see nothing wrong with her says she should grow out of this shes just nerves when she tries and feels pressure when people or watching her what do you think should i find a specialist
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  241
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
This is due to stress anxiety.Her nerves are getting hyperstimulated.
Try some relaxing exercises or YOGA.
Don't put too much stress on her.
You can always consult a neurologist if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor