Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Child seems to have trouble urination, occasionally has frequent urge. Has stitches in penis for small hole. Bladder problem?

I have a 6 year old grandson he sometimes can t pee he pushes an tries but he only gets a dribble out. On the days it happens he will try to go to the bathroom every few minutes. He went to a urologist an he said the hole in the end of his penis was too small so he pit him out and put 3 stitches in it an he was peeing ok then the day before he went back for a check up he couldn t pee he started having trouble at 6 pm an went every few minutes till he fell asleep that night then when he got up the next morning he couldn t pee the doctor said to give it another month to see if it gets better. Is their something going on with his bladder . Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016

Thanks for your query.Based on the fact that you have posted your grand child has what is called as Pin hole Meatus which was widened by your Urologist and took 3 stitches.It is possible that he may be facing problem in passing urine now may be due to inflammation of the operated meatus .Wait for a week or two and if problem persists even after healing of the wound then get his Ultrasound scanning and Mictutating CysoUrethrogram (MCU) done to rule out presence of Posterior Urethral Valves
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor