Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Child seems to have lost focus, started speaking lies, losing his belongings, inattentive to details. Suggestion for improvement?

My son is 7 years old, studying in 1st standard and it seems like he has ADHD and borderline personality disorder . He is often mischievous in school, does not pay attention to details while reading or writing, makes silly mistakes. He is very active and does not keep quite. He has also started to tell lies with us and his teacher. He also, loses his belongings like pencil, erasers etc., very often. Pls help and suggest how to make him concentrate on his studies and correct his behavior
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
I understand your concern as a vigilant parent but please do not label your child as ADHD before a formal diagnosis is made.
Most children this age are mischievous , hyperactive and may not be attentive in class.
However In ADHD the behaviour is severe enough to disrupt normal life at home as well as school. Child may be inattentive in all tasks not just schoolwork , and the hyperactivity will be seen as child not able to sit still even for interesting activity/ play requiring focus.
In case you and the teachers do find the behaviour out of proportion then kindly approach a Pediatrician or a Child psychologist to get your childs diagnosis confirmed.
Wishing your child good health.
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Preschool children sometimes do have such kind of behavior.
I suggest you to be patient with him
Do not scold him
Try to spend time with him
Indulge him in some constructive games.
Give him good nutritious diet,

In case his behavior does not improve get him evaluated by a pediatrician ,
Wishing your son good health.
God bless.
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor