Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Child s x-ray report shows soft tissue in adenoids. Have pus discharge from ear. What to do?

My Daughter is 9 years, x-ray report states that "soft tissue density is seen inthe region of adenoids at c1-2 level causing mind posterior compression of nasopharyngeal airway

The laryngotracheal airway is normal in course and caliber

the prevertebral soft tissue space appears normal

But she was suffering with puss from ear, what shall we do

Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  199
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello pankil
your daughter is having enlarged adenoid.
These adenoids which are causing problem like pus in ears then you must consider in getting them out. Your daughter must be (what i think) mouth breather in night and snorer.
Adenoids are for protection from infections in young age ,upto 7 yrs of age. But if they are enlarged at age of 9 yrs. and causing this much blockage of nasal airways that means that they are caring infection in then and which the body is unable to fight with in this case you must get the adenoids removed by surgery- Adenoidectomy.
Otherwise these adenoids having the bacterias in them which are secreating toxins also doesnt allow the child body to grow properly
secondly because of enlarged adenoid the oxygen supply to body is decreased and so the growth is less and also there is mental slowness.
Thirdly due to enlarged adenoids there can be more snoring that will lead to reflux of food contents in pharynx (throat) and then complications like recurrent coughing,burning sensation in throat and chest develops.
So meet an ENT surgeon and get her checked for tonsils also and if enlarged go for surgical removal.
report back.
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor