Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Child on valparin, feels drowsy, gets angry, don't behave properly. Suggest some advice?

I have a 4 and 4months child who has been prescribed from Doc .with valparin since 2years. At the start I felt that he was OK with dealing things in our daily routine but now I feel he is not getting used to normal situations . he feels drowsy at times gets angry at certain times and doesn t behave properly at times. Please kindly suggest me some advice how to deal at this point . How I can make him control well.
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neurology 's  Response
Valprin can be responsible for this, please do some basic checks like dose of the medication prescribed and whether you are giving it same?

I would like to mention that if his epilepsy is well controlled for the last 2 years, gradual weaning of valprin is the best option after agreeing with your physician.

best wishes
Answered: Fri, 14 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor