Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Child not listening when being spoken to. What to do?

Daughter of my brother recently facing some mental problem. If any one wants to talk she did not listen. she is playing/dancing and speaking with some one but not listening what we are asking. she will appear Class XII board exam shortly. Can u advice me what to do? I am searching one good doctor in kolkata or Ranchi who is doing treatment for out patient. so that immediately we can move her. Please give me suggestion. S.K.Paul
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi S. K.,

Thank you for your query.

By your description it appears your niece is feigning that she is not able to listen. It is advisable to show her to an ENT doctor who will conduct an audiometry test to know whether there is any auditory loss. If there is no auditory loss then she may need pyschological assessment to know the reason for feigning. Most probably she may not be prepared or has lost confidence for the upcoming board examinations and is behaving in this manner.

I would not be able to suggest any doctor either in Kolkata or Ranchi but any ENT doctor should be able to organize an audiometry test on your niece.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your niece an early recovery.


Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor