Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Child not having sufficient growth, chromosome analysis done. Can online doctor help?

My daughter is born on 24.08.2000, and now her height is 121 cm only and weight is 30 Kg. Now we made a chromosome check up and the result is "Chromosome analysis(GTG banding) indicates a mosaic karyotype with two cell lines, one with one X Chromosomes found in 60 % of cells and a second cell line with two X chromosomes found in 40% of cells."
Can my child get more height?, if yes How much ?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
I can appreciate your concerns.
In fact, your daughter has a condition called "mosaic turner" syndrome.
One of the most obvious signs of mosaic Turner syndrome is short stature, which is usually noticed after age 3 .
The injection of growth hormones is usually started during early childhood, or as soon as the condition is diagnosed.
Another symptom that is shared among nearly all women affected by this condition is a lack of sexual changes during puberty.
For instance, the breasts do not usually grow at puberty as they should, and menstrual periods may be absent or irregular. Estrogen replacement therapy may be offered to start breast development and induce periods to begin after puberty.
She needs to see an endocrinologist to start homone therapy as soon as possible.
Hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.
Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor