Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Child may be squint-eyed. Has cylindrical eye sight. How to check if squint is inward or outward?

Hi, I have daughter 5 1/2 Years old. She has cylindrical eye sight -2.5 (R) and -3 (L). It seems she has squint problem (Outward but not sure). How to check squint in eye is inward or outward? What are steps so that she may get rid of these problems (i.e. eye sight become normal as well as squint problem) ? Please advice us, waiting for your reply. Thanks and regards Rajat
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
The type of deviation whether out or in can easily be checked by an eye specialist by some tests using fixation targets. You can observe in photographs. As per now proper refraction under complete cycloplegia should be done. Thereafter monitoring of visual acuity and constant use of glasses is must to prevent lazy eye. The squint may even improve with the use of glasses. Once properly evaluated the squint can be managed as per the type.
Take care
Answered: Mon, 26 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor