Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Child is recovering from cold, has developed pimples around mouth and nose with yellow head. What could this be?

I have a 4 year old son, he is just getting over a cold (runny nose , cough ) and he is getting better, but has now developed what look like pimples around his mouth and nose. They are mostly red, but some have a whitish/yellow head to them. I have only washed them with soap and water and tried to keep them dry. Do you have any idea what this could be?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  401
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
As you said your child had cold,pustules develop after constant irritation of area after rubbing.
Wash it with mild face wash and apply topical antibacterial like mupirocin 2 to 3 times a day for 4 to 5 days.
If it persist get him examined by pediatrician.
Wishing your child good health.
God bless.
Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor