Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Child is coughing excessively. Has wheezing problem. Should we go to a doctor?

My son is nearing 6 years now. Since the last 3 years he has wheezing . He snores at night, suddenly has excessive cough episodes in night. He coughs even on little physical exercise. It seems that i had the same in my childhood which went away as i grew up. I ve not yet got him diagnosed with any doc. Kindly let me know if i need to take him to a doc now.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Wheezing with night coughs is suggestive of restrictive airway disease like asthma. It will be advisable to consult a doctor who shall accordingly manage the child.

As you mentioned that you had similar problems as a child, it is not unusual to find that one outgrows these issues.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.


Answered: Sun, 23 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor