Child is asthmatic, coughing, fever. Taken Omnacortil. Allergy?

Hi, My daughter is 2.8 yrs old and doctors tell she is asthmatic...she has been doing finr since last august when she was first admitted with severe attackk....now last 1 month she has been coughing in night atlest for 45 mins to 1 hr continously) she was given DILO BM,montenukast etc...recently she had high fever for 4 day i.e 4 days back...now fever is come down....although with montenukast 4 mg her cough stopped but this time even that did not help...now she is been given omnacortil 5 ml for around 10 days...why is this cough chronic....is this allergic cough? I am worried...and will omnacortil help
Tue, 5 Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
As your child has been diagnosed having asthma, the treatment as advised by your Pediatrician to be continued.
There may be allergic component also involved in the causation of asthma and its aggravation.
So the montelukast will help to decrease the allergic component.
The steroid will help by decreasing the inflammation, allergic reaction and the sensitivity of the airways to allergens and inflammation.
Hope I have answered your query.