Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Child ill. Problem to adjust in new place, water, food. How to normalize?

Hi we have just moved into a new home, so are dealing with change of food, water and also my 2 year old child has become ill. He has not been able to keep his food down for 24 hours. He may have got a bug from the bathroom toilet as there was a small flood on our first day. He may have had areaction to chicken he ate yesterday, it may be the change in country. We are worried that he hasnt eaten for 24 hours properly, and although is wanting to eat and drink is struggling to keep it down. What do you recommend?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

This is common to happen with children.

Few things which can help are try packed food which should be healthy and which he use to have back home., soups, sweetened drinks, packed diary products, well cooked simple rice products, juices , boiled water, lots of rest and if vomiting/nausea continues then oral anti-emetics.

If he gets watery diarrhea with fever then possibility of gastroenteritis would be likely and he might need oral antibiotics.In that case watch for dehydration.

Most children settle in week or two.

Answered: Sun, 25 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor