Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Child hurt forehead while jumping. No scar, swelling. Feels like something under the skin. See the doctor?

my son two and half year old jump down from the coffee table but there is one feet high side table and he hit his forehead of this side table. within one week he has swelling and now even no scar . but under the skin i can feel that is something. Now is two weeks after injured. After injured he did not have any vomit or any effect at all. Do i need to see and Dr. and scan the skull for him?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
yes,it is advisable to show the child to the doctor.
If you feel a depression under the skin,it may suggest a depressed fracture of the skull. If what you feel is a hard bump,it may be an organized hematoma. The doctor can decide whether a x- ray or scan is necessary!
Good luck,take care Dr Uma
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor