Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Child hit eye. Bruised, cut, swollen. Go to emergency?

My son hit his right eye on a slide at school and accidentally bruised and got a little cut. It was bleeding for about an hour and has Swollen a bit. I had cleaned it with alcohol swabs and put neosporin and pit those little butterfly closures on it I had gone to urgent care but they had turned me away and wanted me to go to the emergency room because the cut was so low almost where the eyelashes there anything else I should do or do you think I should go to the emergency room? I jut didn t want to waste my time there and the n really they won t tell me anything different than what I have already done.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for placing your query with Health Care Magic
I suggest you take your son to the ER. The cuts may be very close to the eye and it may require suturing. That's probably why they have sent you to the ER. The first aid measures you have taken is perfectly alright. He may also require a tetanus shot and some antibiotics. And even if they don't tell anything more, you can be assured that nothing more to do. You would not want to miss anything. For the swelling you need to put some warm compresses and some analgesics will help.
Hope that helped solve your query
God bless you
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor