Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Child having watery poo, wet underwear, mucus/jelly like liquid in pants, stomach ache. Had pneumonia. Do we need to see doctor?

My 4 yr old boy complained of having done watery poo and having wet underwear and i looked and there was a clear, mucus/jelly like liquid in his pants. Since then he has rushed to the potty and done small amounts of the same stuff 2 or 3 times. eaten well today and been well although complaining of stomach ache whilst on the potty. He has had pneumonia for a couple of weeks and had 2 courses of anti biotics which he finished 7 days ago. what is it and does he need to go to a doctor ?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It appears to be antibiotic associated diarrhea, need not to worry just give your son combination of pre and probiotic for few days

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor