Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Child having viral fever. Prescribed medicines affected liver. What is the recommended treatment?

My child is suffering from heavy fever for the past one week. it was diagnosed as viral fever. and was given a lot of medication . now this has led to his SGOT/AST & SGPT/ ALT levels at 600IU/L. the doctor now advised us that no medication be given, but he is still running a temperature of 102 dec cel. can you pls suggest us wat is to be done.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thank you for your query.
With the limited information you have provided it is difficult to guide you perfectly. It would be helpful to know the names of the drugs administered during treatment of the fever. The bilirubin of the child id also not mentioned. However any viral fever specially dengue, arbo viruses, hepatitis viruses can alter liver enzymes.The reports are abnormal but not terrifying.They have to be considered along with other liver tests to predict liver damage. You have mentioned the duration of of fever as well. Viral fevers may take 10 days to subside in some cases. It will be wise not no panic and take help of a specialist if your child is sick. Hope this helps you. I could have helped you better if I had his full reports.Wishing him a speedy recovery. Have a nice day
Answered: Sat, 15 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor