Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Child having symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder. Can we give melatonin for sleeping problem?

hello i have a Vary hyper 3 year old.. a firend of mine told me about Sensory Processing Disorder . so iv been doing a littel research before i call his docter, and i noticed he has almost all the signs, the main one is sleeping and playing well with others. now my main question is.... For his sleeping problem would Melatonin be a good idea if given to him properly?
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concerns. I will request you not to do any self-medication till the diagnosis is confirmed by a professional. Instead of doing your diagnosis kindly discuss the issues with the treating doctor and, if required, get a neurolgist and/or a child psychologist to assess the child.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor