Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Child having stomach ache, vomiting, upper abdominal pain. Should go for ultrasound and blood test?

my 7yr old daughter has been complaining about stomach ache for 3weeks I took her to doc . twice already last weekend she actually vomited and had fever lasting Friday to sa t evening she still hasn t eating normally and is still complaining should I take her to E.R for blood work and ultra sound? pain isn t in lower left side its upper abdomen .
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
It may be due to gastritis.
Kindly give her proton pump inhibitors like Pantoprazole.
Screen for H.Pylori.
If it still doesn't work, get an ultrasound examination to rule out Chronic cholecystitis.
Deworm her once in 6 months with albendazole.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor