Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Child having speech problem. Head remains heated, unable to balance body. Taking medications

my son is 02 year old having problem in speech. he can say only papa mama,hathi,etc. like wise 25 words.He cried late at the time of birth.He loves to swing his body in spin motion.He consumed a good quantity of egg and milk in his early days.His head, most of the time having more heat.he used to cry in night, 02 month ago and unable to balance his body sometimes.i consulated to a child specialist he recommended MENTAT,BETHADOXINE,EAR DROPS, all is fine other than SPEECH
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello mr upadhyay.a normal hearing is required for development of speech.your son may be having hearing impairment[difficulty in hearing],which is causing a delay in acquiring speech.please take him to an ENT doctor,his hearing will be tested by various tests like tympanometry, otoacoustic emissions and BERA[brainstem evoked response audiometry].a CT scan of his ears may also be required.treatment will depend on the cause of his hearing loss.once his hearing improves his speech will also improve.i hope he does well. dr praveen.
Answered: Thu, 26 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor