Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Child having sore throat, body ache, blurred vision, high fever. How to treat it?

My 6 year old is complaining of a sore throat , body aches, and blurred vision . He had a temp of 101.2 this morning and we have been unable to break the fever. We have tried alcohol baths, motrin, tylenol , and pedisure flu. He will barely drink and does not have an appetite. Should we wait to call his pediatrician or take him to the ER?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

There are two things which are concerning about his symptoms - one is the blurring of vision and the other is his poor intake. Moreover, since his high fever seems unresponsive to medication which you've been giving, it better to have a doctor evaluate him. Young children can go into dehydration and develop other complications quickly, and so, I think it would be better to take him to the ER.

Best wishes,
Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor