Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child having severe tubes in ears do severe allergies, running nose, delayed speech due to snot-filled inner ear canal. Would removing adenoids relieve him?

my son has allergies so bad that they had to put in tubes . Now the tubes are falling out. He is 3yrs 3months and on max doses of allegra and singular. the medication does a very poor job of controlling his allergies. At night his nose runs, and he gags for a majority of the night. He does have delayed speech due to the fact his inner ear canal was full of what the Dr. called snot like honey. He had tubes put in but has recently lost one. He is just starting to make progress on his speech but on certain days now when his allergies are bad he starts talking like he is deaf again. Would removing his adnoids relieve some of the pressue caused by his alleriges and the constant drainage?
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear mlackeyrs..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
blocking of the tubes.running nose....altogether.,
called ALLEGIC RHINITIS.,due to Polyps or Adenoids.,
now he will require removal of Alleergen..,
So consult ENT Surgeon..,do this job..,
he may go permenant deformity of ear and voice..,
ok..hope this will be informative and helping U ..good luck
Answered: Tue, 3 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor