Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Child having severe stomach pain with fever, no vomiting or diarrhoea, urine test showed blood in urine. Had surgery for blocked kidney. What could be the cause?

My 7 year old son had a blockage to one of his kidneys when he was born.. They surgically repaired the issue and has followed up with the specialist every year. So far so good.. In the last six months he has complained about waking up and his stomach hurting... He woke up last night in the middle of the night with a fever of 102.5 and and stomach hurting.. No vomittimg no diaherra... I took him to the doctor and they did a strep test it was negative so they took a urine sample and they found blood in his urine.... They have no idea what is causing it.... Please give me advice
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Further investigations are required to find out the exact cause of hematuria that your kid is having?
Was a ultrasound abdomen done? Is a urine culture and sensitivity done?

Does he have other complaints like burning urination etc?
Pl reply in detail so that I can help you better.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Answered: Mon, 17 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor