Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Child having raised lump on scrotum, testicles and penis, no pain. What could it be?

Hi, my 13 week old baby boy has a lump in his scrotum , not down by his testicles, but slightly lower and to the right of his penis . I noticed it first a couple of days ago as a purple lump, just raised of the surface, about 1.5cm diameter. Today it is very raised and the size of a marble. I tried touching it and he doesn t seem to be in pain when it is touched and it doesn t feel hard. What could it be? Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Physical examination is definitely required to arrive at a diagnosis.

Various possibilities could be thought of like hernia, hydrocele etc.

Please get him examined by a pediatrician.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Answered: Sun, 16 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor