Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Child having mild hydrocele. Suggested surgery. How early it is do be done?

Hi, My child 22 month (1 year 10 month) was found to have a moderate hydrocele (left) by my pediatrician after a scan. He suggested for a surgery to correct the problem. Please suggest best pediatric surgeon in Chennai for getting the surgery done and how early this needs to be done.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  113
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI and thanks for using healthcare magic,
IHydrocole s of moderate or small intensity usually get reabsorbed bore the ages of three years. Large hydrocoeles however might persist. Hydrocoele above the age of three might have negative consequences with respect to the fertility of the child The evolution of the hydrocoele with time is important. A hydrocoele that decreases in size with time is a good sign, but one that increases in size or stays constant could not very good.
Consulting a pediatric surgeon could be of great value for a more complete evaluation of these parameters, correlation with clinical and echographic findings and making a decision.
I suggest an expectant or non surgical approach for now till you see the pediatric surgeon.
Thanks and hope this helps,Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor