Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Child having jaundice, cholelithiasis and hyperechoic liver lesion. Should we do endoscopy or surgery?

hello doctor, MY wife is 25 years old and in july 2012 she delivered a boy baby by surgery.after three months she has been identified for jaundice and on further investigation doctor identified she has cholelithiasis and hperechoic lesion on liver.Kindly advise whether endoscopy is enough/ or surgery is the option? very urgent .plz reply
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

First of all you should know that cholelithiasis does not cause jaundice directly as mostly it means that you have gallstones (the correct name for it is cholecystolithiasis). Jaundice is caused by stones in bile ducts what is called choledocholithiasis. Your wife should have this stones removed right away as it can result with acute pancreatitis. To do that endoscopy with ERCP should be performed (surgery for bile duct stones can be done if the stones are really big).
After this procedure, you need a break for bile ducts to get healed (at least two weeks) and after that, laparoscopic removal of the gallbladder should be performed as such stones can migrate from gallbladder to bile ducts again.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sun, 25 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor