Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Child having heart murmur, increased heart rate, pounding heart. Also, burps a lot. Linked to heart murmur?

My 6 year old son has a heart murmur . It went from being classified as a 1 to a 4. Also he is having issues with his heartrate going up and a feeling of his heart pounding (which we can feel when we put our hands on his chest ) he has started burping a lot lately. Could that be linked to the fast heartrate or heart murmur?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Burping has no obvious relation to heart disease.
Difficulty in feeding and thriving have.

Loudness of a murmur is not related to its seriousness.
Fast rate and murmur are often from the same problem.

An ECHOcardiogram could help in change of cardiac status, from the past.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor