Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Child having frequent vomiting. What should be done?

My 4 year old son woke this morning had a little milk about 20 minutes later he threw up. Then he ate some apples and drank milk for breakfast. I drove him to school which took 15 minutes as soon as we got out of the truck he threw up again. The teacher sent us home before we made it to the drive I had to stop and get him out cause he threw up again. He has thrown up about 5 times since 8a.m. What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
If he has fever or abdominal pain or both he should be shown to a doctor to rule out appendicitis. Otherwise give him plain water followed by some semisolid food. If vomiting stops you need not worry. If he complains of headache he needs to be seen by a doctor asap. Check the color of urine to see if he has jaundice.. If vomiting persists he has to be seen by a doctor.
Answered: Mon, 17 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor