Child having fever, black out, vomiting mucus. Due to viral fever?

My 8 year old son has had fever since tuesday evening. as of Thursday morning it appeared that the fever had gone away. in the middle of the night last night, my son had a low grade fever and had to get up to go to the washroom. When he was walking to the bathroom he started to tell me that he couldn t see, that everything was black. He then began throwing up mucus and moaning uncontrollably. After approximately, 30 minutes he no longer had fever. Is it normal to have a loss of vision with a simple viral fever?
Tue, 26 Feb 2013