Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Child having eye hypertelorism, noonan syndrome. Solution?

Hi Doctor . A one year girl has an eyes hypertelorism , I afraid it came with another symptoms in a syndrome like noonan S in your opinion , What should I do in the next step ? Thank you a lot
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Friend,

Noonan Syndrome (NS) is a relatively common autosomal dominant congenital disorder considered to be a type of dwarfism, that affects both males and females equally. Hypertelorism is one of the features seen in 95% of individuals suffering from NS. Others can be Droopy lids, Refractive errors, epicanthal folds, proptosis, strabismus, nystagmus. Please consult an ophthalmologist on regular basis and also consult for a complete systemic evaluation with your pediatrician. Their is no harm in taking a second opinion from a pediatrician to confirm the diagnosis. Take Care
Answered: Thu, 15 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor