Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Child having extreme pain in shin, lumps above ankle, no leg trauma. Test showed elevated CPK levels. What does that indicate?

My granddaughter will be 6 years old on July 31st. She s been complaining about extreme pain in her right shin. She has had no injury or trauma to her leg. Her mother also noticed lumps just above her right ankle. X-rays were taken and were negative for bone lesions. Lab tests were also done and everything came back in the normal range except her CPK levels. According to the doctor, her levels were high. Here are the lab results: CK-BB = 2; CK-MB = 0; CK-MM = 98/100. What does this mean?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to get MRI if the leg as there can be a suspicious swelling in the leg. X ray is normal that means it is soft tissue swelling. I would also suggest you to get her ESR test. Only then we can reach on some conclusion.
Answered: Wed, 23 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor