Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Child having elevated ALT, liver enlarged, sugar level low, vomiting yellow fluid, urine smells. Cure?

My 8 year old son has had elevated ALT for the last 5 years. His pedi also said his liver is enlarged, they are trying to get us an appointment with a GI doctor. We have been to many specialists. My sons blood sugar used to plummet in the mornings to under 60. He would then puke a horrible highlighter yellow fluid. We ve had a diagnosis of Ketotic Hypoglycemia , which he should have outgrown. His blood sugar is no longer lowering. But he is still vomiting the highlighter yellow fluid approximately every 6 to 8 days. He gets very pale, with black under his eyes and his usually rosey lips turn grey. He then vomits and his color returns. His urine also smells very strong.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
first the exact cause of liver damage should be found. in his age the first thing to think of is congenital liver disorders such as gilberts. secind,it may indicate any kind onf systemic infection and thirdly it can be certain blood disorder if associated with anemia. He needs extensive work up to evaluate his blood may suggest pancreatic disease or beginning of type 1 diabetes.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Wed, 25 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor