Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Child having dry cough followed by vomiting, mostly active, no fever, has a shunt. Is it due to shunt?

My 2 year old is vomiting after he eats or drinks. He has not been able to keep anything down for 3 days now. He also has a dry cough usually before he throws up. The vomit does not smell like it usually would with a virus. He is playing normally most of the time, but also has moments where he lays and seems to feel bad. He has no fever or symptoms. He also has a shunt. Should I be concerned with the shunt or could this be something else?
Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Stephanie
I suggest you keep an eye on his condition. Keep an eye on his temperature and keep him hydrated. for cough you can use a cough syrup or steam inhalation. Offer him soft diet, things he likes to eat in small amounts. mashed banana or potatoes or cereals. if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor