Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Child having discharge from the ear, hearing sounds after getting hit. Need to take to the doctor?

A bully at school, twice the size of my 11 year old daughter, punched her in her right ear. My daughter said she couldn t feel the right side of her face for a while. When the feeling came back, she said her ear did not bleed , but some clear liquid came out. Now my daughter says her ear if very soar and she s hearing fuzzy sounds. Is this normal or should I take her to the Dr in the morning?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
This is not normal. She seems to have felt numbness of the face soon after the hit. The fact that she is hearing sounds indicates the presence of tinnitus. She should be examined by an otologist immediately to look for damage to the middle and inner ear as well as the ear drum. Do not probe the ear or put anything into it, just cover with sterile cotton and take her to the doctor. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor