Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Child having discharge from the bump under the eye lid due to blocked tear duct. Taken Fucithalmic. Suggestion?

Hello Dr My daughter is 4 and 1/2 years old. She is wearing power glasses from last 8 months(cyl power -3.5R and -4.5 L). She started getting a boil like reddish lump under the left eye lid. It doesnt give her any pain. But its a noticeable size and one boil formed and subsided after 2 and 1/2 months . Near to that place other has formed. I saw a doctor here and she told me that the tear duct was not open and I need to massage with cotton soaked in warm water. And antibiotic Fucithalmic ( fusidic acid ) for 2 weeks. Now few days back (after 1 week of doing the warm water treatment and antibiotic), it reduced and some blood like discharge also came. But not completely drained. So the lump didnt go off completely. I am not getting ped opthalmalogist appointment in hospital for next 2 weeks here in Edinburg. Can you suggest what I should do .?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
i want to know..where is the boil exactly?? i mean location..??
there may be a simple boil/abscess or boil because of blockage of naso-lacrimal duct.that means Dacryocystitis/ since there is problem in appointment with the doc..u can start antibiotic(cefexime/ofloxacin) and along with that a painkiller..u have to ask the dosage according to the weight of the child..and the composition u r getting there at yr general syrup cexime (for paediatric) of 100 mg in a bottle..see the instruction/ask paediatrician=or give 5 ml , twice a day after meals.
u can do hot fomentation..with sterilized cotton in the sterilized water ..which hv been cooled down ..and/till only in luke warm water soaked..2-3 times a day..avoid specs because the nose of the specs might press over the boil and may hurt the child..
please make an urgent appointment at some hospital..because there may be alot of pain to the child..and i want to see yr child happy and smiling..please do this favour to me
Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor