Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Child having difficulty in hearing, had pop corn seed dropped in accidentally, used ear drops. Remedy?

Hi my son failed a ear test last week at school. The hearing lady said he had a build up of wax in his ear so i took him to the doctor today and could not remove what it was. Gave is some drop and said to come back if the wax did nit come out. My son thouth and though and he said his cousin kept trying to put popcorn seed in his ear and thag looks like that is what it is. It has been in there a while im affraid to say whag should i do? Should i contact a e.n.t?
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for your query. It is advisable to get the ear examined by an ENT Specialist if you are unsure of the content in the ear passage. If is popcorn then ear drops are not going to have any effect and shall have to be removed by the specialist. Even if it was was then the secialist shall be able to remove it.

Wishing a good outcome.
Answered: Mon, 21 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic

its not a major issue of concern
it could be a foreign body or just hard impacted wax,
it requires a thorough examination by an ENT specialist at the earliest ( if it is a vegetative foreign body like popcorn it can induce severe inflammation

Answered: Mon, 21 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor