Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Child having cylindrical power in both eyes.Had conjunctivitis, advised she might develop myopia. Cure?

Dear sir, my daughter is about to complete 4 years. She is recently diagnosed with cylindrical power for her her -3, -1.75 for RE and LE respectively. She has not complained about any thing, but she had conjunctivitis one and a half years back then doc told me that she will develop myopia . How it can be cured and is there any corrective measure for that. Please guide, will be highly thankful.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
,   ,  
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
The child appears to have significant and unequal refractive error , however you have not given complete prescription. The glasses with the prescribed power should be worn continuously. Vision should be checked with these glasses and lazy eye should be checked for and if present then treated. Constant wearing of glasses will be must so as to allow the visual development which is ongoing till about 7 should take repeat eye check ups 6monthly and repeat refraction as as the child will grow the eyesize and number will change. Do not worry myopia is a common condition. Remember that repeated rubbing can cause increase in cylindrical numbers so tell child not to rub eyes. If one is very keen then a serial corneal topography as the child grows a little older will keep a track of corneal curvature and tell about exact corneal profile.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor