Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Child having constipation problem, nausea, dry heaves. Specialist care required?

My daughter is 7 and has been struggling with constipation issues since age 3. Just recently she s been constipated for quite some time and today she also felt nauseous and had dry heaves. Should I taker her to see a specialist? The pediatrician just keeps giving me ways to stop the constipation (which aren t working very well this time, and they usually do)
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, if the constipation is controlled the other features, hives, nausea etc will be controlled, if you take her to another doctor, he will start treatment from the begening, and the process continues. So i advise you to consult the same doctor to continue the treatment.
I to my patients with such symptoms prescribe domperidone, ifixime, and paracetamol, to controle the symptoms. Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor