Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Child having cold, gets fever in evening. Diagnosed as sinus infection and given antibiotic

Hello I have a 5year who has cold symptoms but keeps getting a fever in the evening. His current Dr. Keeps telling me sinus infection and treating it with antibiotics
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
I doubt very much that this is a case of sinusitis. I suggest that you see a good pediatrician to clarify this diagnosis. Usually, colds may be accompanied by fever, but that does not automatically mean that there is infection, let alone, sinusitis. You should get him tested for white cell counts and other evidence of infection before coming to such a conclusion; also, sinusitis can often be studied after X-rays of the sinuses are done. Has your doctor ever asked you to do these X-rays?

Feel free to return for a follow-up.

-Dr. Taher Kagalwala.
Answered: Mon, 19 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor