Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Child having cold, cough and chest congestion. Not cured by medicine. Any suggestion?

hello Dr. my child is 3 years old, he is having cough and chest congestion for past 2 months . i tryed many medicine and many doctors but no good result. he gets more cough during night times. all the test reports are normal he dont have asthma according to Dr. so please suggest me wat to do. i cant see my child suffers like this.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for writing in
Cold and cough is mostly due to viral infection and along with medication we have to follow some precautions so that it can not occur again and again. Precautions are:
1. Keep your child warm and covered with warm cloths.
2. Protect your child from changing weather and climate.
3. Do not keep your child in wet cloths for a long period of time.
4. Give steam inhalation if you can else nebulization can help.
5. Give proper fresh and healthy diet to increase immunity.
6. Get your child chest X-ray done if not done before.

Hope this will help you.
Best Wishes
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to health care magic forum,
Cold and coryza in childhood is common. and it is also necessary to develop immunity in child. But if it became severe and recurrent and medicinal help requires frequently then it should be treated properly.
Cough and chest congestion is more then do not treat it with allopathic medicine repeatedly unless it is an emergency. Otherwise it may turns to asthma after sometime.
To cure it permanently take homeopathic treatment. Homeopathy will increased immunity of child and also has no side effects. For proper homeopathic treatment detail history of patient and disease is required so consult to good classical homeopath and start treatment or contact me for further treatment.
For more inquiry you may contact on “”
Have a good health
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor