Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Child having burn like scabs on hand. Any treatment needed?

I recently noticed some dried hardened almost burnlike scabs on top of my 8 year old son hands. They are hardly notieable but are very rough to the touch and he says they burn. They are not clustered but are where his hair follicles on his hands should be. I tried to rub the area gently to see if they would come off but they are stubborn.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HealthcareMagic.
As per your query you have noticed that your child have burn like scabs on hand. You have not mentioned in your query the exact time period since the scab are present.
You please ask your son regarding exact onset of the problem. THere can be mutiple possibilities but most commonly it is due to either sun burn or contact with some chemicals.
You can apply calamine lotion and fluticasone cream over the affected area. For burning symptom can do cold water compresses and any antihistamine. Apply white petroleum gelly once the scab are totally dry.
Rest assured your son will be alright in next few days.
I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)
Answered: Tue, 30 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor