Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Child having breathing difficulty. Should I consult a specialist?

My son is 8 and is having difficulty breathing . We went to Dr earlier and told to continue breathing treatments more often, every two hours. Two hours was still too much a span and now my sohas just been screaming that he can t sleep. He will eventually fall asleep for a little while but then wakes freaking out. Should I take him to ER?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

If he has a wheeze- he might wake up with a cough and difficulty in breathing.
But 2 hourly nebulisations will help him out.

Hope he is on oral broncho-dilators too.

Since sleep is much disturbed, its better that you take him to ER. In severe cases of wheeze, short course of steroids can be given which will give him good relief.

Nebulisations have to be continued. Please check if technique is right, the equipment is good and white fumes are generated enough.

Hope my answer helps you.
Wish your son a speedy recovery.
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor