Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Child having a bruised lump in the chest after a fall. Worried

My daughter is four, she fell over a few days ago onto her front with quite a hard bang. I asked her if when she fell she hit her chest but she can t remember. Since then I have noticed a big bruise on her chest (which could be where she banged herself) but the thing that s worrying me is that she has a hard lump under the bruise. What is it? Is it anything to worry about? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  208
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Your child might have developed a hematoma and bruising secondary to the injury.

For pain you can give Motrin in prescribed dosage.

The lump is due to formation of hematoma due to collection of the blood.

But fracture of the underlying rib bones has to be ruled out by the physical examination of the child by a doctor and by doing X-ray.

If it is hematoma it will take 5 to 7 days to subside.

Therefore I advise you to consult the doctor for the examination and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor