Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Child having ADHD, getting worse. Can angry fits cause nose bleeding? Nose to be bandaged?

I have a 9 yr old son with ADHD , his anger has been getting worse lately and yesterday he had the worst fit of anger ever!!! He was kicking the walls screaming hysterically, his face was bright red, he then got a nose bleed . Can a nose bleed be caused by anger fits and burst blood vessels? or did he need to have banged his nose? He has before head butted things etc so i m not sure and worried in case he has hurt himself. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Nose bleed can occur even without getting an injury on the nose. I hope your son's blood pressure is normal. If nose bleed persists it is advisable to pinch the nose for 5 minutes by the watch so that bleeding stops. In case bleeding persists then he needs to be shown to a ENT surgeon who shall do nasal packing.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Answered: Fri, 25 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor