Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Child having ADHD. Can you give suggestions on how to improve the social interaction?

My son is 2.5 years old. He was residing with his grandparents in Salem while my husband and I had to go to work in Chennai. Recently, we took him to the hospital for diagnosing cold and fever but the doctor suggested he might have ADHD . So, we took him to a doctor and she says that the child lacks attention and concentration and its good for him to be away from gadgets like TV, mobile and computer. My son likes to play with kids and is very active. Kindly suggest how do we handle this situation and can we admit him a normal play school where social interaction is possible?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hello there,
ADHD is the most behavioral disorder of childhood. It is also more common in boys. The exact causes of ADHD are unknown. It is important to keep gadgets away from your child as it causes less distraction. The management of such a child involves what we call behaviour therapy. First communicating with the child at all times and praising his good behaviour is very important. Maintain a schedule for him and fix timings of his meals, studies and sleep. Make sure he gets good sleep and eats well. The process may be time consuming and test your patience but indeed rewarding.
All the best.
Answered: Sun, 23 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor