Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Child have watery discharge from eye. Took fucithalmic drops but no use. Remedy?

good day doctor... my daughter is 1 year and 2 months old. since birth she has watery eye discharges that sometimes have increased eye crust. i have consulted it already with her doctor and advised me to massage her inner corner of the eyelid at least 10x for two times a day. and she was also given fucithalmic eye drops. after that treatment, the crusting decreased. over time, we still notice that she still have watery eyes... we still do massaging on her eyes. what today, i think her eyes got infected again since it produces more yellowish discharges. i started just now fucithalmic drops. what could be the best solution for her at her age?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  121
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Anne, Hi, From your history I believe your child is suffering from nasolacrimal duct blockage which is causing chronic dacrocystitis. Massaging on her eyes helps to open the blockage and the fucithalmic eye drops helps to prevent secondary bacterial infection. If it is still persisting and the eye is watering, it is better to go for probing as the massage is not helping much. Probing of the nasolacrimal duct may help in opening the passage through which the tear is drained out.I would suggest you to visit a pediatric ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon who can help you out. ..TC...Dr Ajay Shankar kar
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor