Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child have swollen forehead due to fall along with indent. What to do?

My 12 month old hit his head on the corner of the concrete curb. He cried for a couple of minutes and when I picked him up he had a horizontal indent on his forehead where he made contact. It is swollen and he know has what looks like bruising where the indent was. Should I take him to the hospital? And will the indent/ brushing disappear?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
There is hematoma formation at injury site and it takes few days to settle.
Apply ice compresses over injured area 2 to 3 times a day and give acetaminophen for pain relief.
Watch for danger signals like vomiting/lethargy/bleeding from ear or nose.
In case you observe any take him to ER.

Wishing your child good health.
God bless...
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Mukesh Tilgam's  Response
as you didnt mention the height of fall . does the baby had vomiting or convulsion , drowsiness .
watch for vomiting or convulsion like symptomes if occures you should go for x ray skull or CT scan of head.
You should keep under observation of any physician for 24 hour atleast
till you can give analgesic
and watch for any symptomes
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor