Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Child have development delay and speech problem. Have bowel movement regularly. Have very pasty discharge. What to do?

my daughter is 4yrs old is devlopmental delayed & has speech problems. we went from her having a hard bowel movement every 4-7 days.. I have been giving her soy milk & juice daily.. & also loves eating apples. sometimes I feel if she hasnt gone I will give her miralax powder.. and yesterday 4/12/13 through today been having bowl movenments all day and there full and very pasty almost so hard to wipe with regular wipes. and she didnt have apples yesterday or today so now what ?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for your quiry

this is a common problem with developmentally delayed children
good way to treat this
is give plenty of clean drinking water
give guava
and banana
fibrous diet,
frequent enema
the sticky nature of stool is due to giardiasis
get the treatment for this

physiotherapy should be done on regular basis
take care
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor