Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Child have chest pain and difficulty in breathing. Had a fall. X ray done and it is clear. What to do?

Hello. My 11 year old son tripped in his classroom and fell over a desk, knocking it over. He has been complaining of chest pain and difficulty breathing. I took him after school, that same day, to an Urgent Care Center. They did Xrays and said everything looked fine. It has been one week and he is still having trouble breathing and moving around. Should I take him to a specialist or just allow more time for him to heal?

Thank you,
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for your quiry at HCM

it seems to be a muscular injury, which needs some time to get settled , meanwhile you can do cold sponging and analgesics
and avoid such trauma in future
observe his respiratory rate if it increases consult your nearby emergency centre

i will be available for your help
wishing you a speedy recovery
take care
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor