Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Child have been diagnosed with epilepsy. Consulted and took many medication but no use. What to do?

Hello dear doctors of the world!

I am Agha Jan Ahmadi from Afghanistan searching a doctor to cure my 18 years old sister Epilepsy, she was involved since she was 11-13 years old .
I took her to many doctors in Afghanistan and Pakistan, she ate and eats deferent medicines which has been given by the doctors. Unfortunately she is not fine and not seen any deference in her sickness, I mean the result is negative.

If it is possible to send me a prescription and make my sister healthy I will offer every thing to you.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Agha,

Thank you for your query.

To treat a case of epilepsy one needs to know the following:
1. Complete history of the illness and the type of convulsions.
2. Clinical examination.
3. What investigations have been done? Accordingly further investigations will need to be done.
4. What all medications have been given and/or tried.

At times certain types of epilepsies can be reduced but not eliminated altogether. Hence without examination it is not possible to provide any guidance.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your sister all the best.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor