Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Child has yellow discharge from eye, fever, pain in eye and throat. Should I see a doctor?

Hi there my 3 year old daughter was treated yesterday for an eye infection. She had a yellow/green discharge coming out of her eye. Her left was worse than her right. Last night she woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and complaining that her eye and throat hurt (on the same side as the goofier eye). Not sure if I should be bringing her in to see the doc again to see if she has a sinus or ear infection or if I should just let whatever she has run its course.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  203
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hello there,
As your child is suffering from conjunctivitis and is being treated for the same, at least 3 - 4 days are needed to get some symptomatic relief. You have not mentioned whether only eye drops have been advised or also oral antibiotics. If the symptoms become worse in the next 24 to 48 hours, you need to get her re evaluated. Control the fever with paracetamol syrup given every 6th hourly. At the same time maintain strict hygienic conditions and proper handwashing for your child.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi, Moentw,
Thanks for query.
It seems that your daughter is suffering from Muco Purulent Conjunctivitis.
Give her an antibiotic medicine syrup for 3-5 days.
Put antibiotic eye drops every 2-3 hourly.
Clean both eyes with warm water and keep it clean.
Try to prevent her coming in contact with other people as this conjunctivitis is very contagious.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor